Saturday, July 12, 2008

The People of State College Part Sixteen: The Blue Loop Bus Drivers

   A Chinese post doc and I went to play tennis today.  I sucked and he didn't know the rules.  On the way back we took the bus.  A bus went right past our stop and the driver pointed behind her but did not stop.  There were a lot of people on the bus so I assumed she was pointing at them and saying she didn't have room.  But I've ridden the 38 Geary in San Francisco and I know that no matter how many people are on a bus you can always fit at least three more.  That's just science.  So I was angered.  Especially because her bus was only three quarters full, tops.
   At this moment I looked down the street and realized that she hadn't been pointing to the people on her bus but rather to another bus behind her.  
   I'd become what I always hated.
   What I mean by that is while I usually try and distribute my hate equally, there is one group of people I hate above all others:  People who complain when a bus passes them and they don't realize that the reason that the bus didn't stop was because there was another bus coming right behind.  I just plain hate them.  
   Also, I learned today that even in small towns busses show up back to back.  There's a conspiracy in there somewhere.

2 comments:

Runi said...

I think the buses are in a conspiracy together and at night when you know the local bus system shuts down and all the buses get parked in a lot...i think the buses come to life and program themselves with alien currents so as soon as in the morning the drivers get on...they get programmed too (like how all muni drivers coincidentally drive to kill!)...
hmmm...i think some one should right a book about the secrets of the bus!

Pedal Strike Force Agent Down said...

State College has filled you with hate.

More machine now than man. --Twisted, and evil.