Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Past Week in New York

Sunday: I had dinner at Vegetarian Paradise Two (Lemon Duck) followed by Un Secret at the IFC

Monday: In the afternoon I had Soft Materials Laboratory. Afterward I went to a reading of George Bernard Shaw's 'Cesar and Cleopatra'. This was quite good, but the seats were uncomfortable. I went with a new potential friend (an older gentleman) who was introduced to me by a mutual friend from State College with the express purpose of him showing me the gay ropes of New York. Afterward we went to the bar Splash for Musical Monday. Musical Monday consisted of clips being shown on several screens of scenes from musicals (a surprising number of which I recognized). The bartenders there were frankly a little underdressed. I was scandalized.

Tuesday: French class in the evening. After this I went home and made up all my food for the rest of the week, as I was quite busy last week.

Wednesday: I left halfway through my Polymers class so that I could go see Equus. This is a play about a boy who blinds horses and has to go to a hospital to be cured. It stars Daniel Radcliffe of Harry Potter fame. He did a very good job. The play was quite good, too.

Thursday: French Class followed by a Haunted House in the evening. The haunted house tickets were free, I won them from Time Out New York. It was billed as the best haunted house in America. It was not scary whatsoever. I went with my friend Manasi and we were both disappointed. Afterward we went to a Mexican restaurant in Alphabet City that seemed quite nice. Too bad I'm never down in that area. Manasi was supposed to meet some friends immediately after the haunted house but we got done way early and she is incapable of being on time. So she suggested we get a drink. After I left Manasi, I didn't want the night to be a complete bust. So I called up my new gay mentor (who I first met on Monday) to see if he could recommend another place to me. He didn't answer. He had told me previously that on Thursday nights Splash skews young, and I vaguely remembered how to get back there so I went. It didn't skew quite as young as I would of liked and at any rate the only person I ended up talking to was much older than me. Oh well.

Friday: Went to the Chemistry happy hour. After about 40 minutes I had to leave for French. After French I returned and when the debate started we brought a projector up and watched it.

Saturday: I have done nothing today.

1 comment:

Pedal Strike Force Agent Down said...

The huddled masses want photos of the scandalous splash bartenders.