Sunday, June 29, 2008

Movie Review: The Incredible Hulk

While I will concede that Edward Norton is damn hot, without the tattooed up body from American History X he doesn't quite do it for me. His clothes did occasionally get ripped from his body.  But only so he could turn into the Hulk.   

And... the fight scenes were boring... there was no villain... not my first choice.  But... some kids in the lab were going so I tagged along. I was sitting next to Choi (the Korean kid in my lab). Whenever anyone in the movie asked a question to another movie character he answered it out loud. "What's your name?" "Choi", etc.

So to recap: Limited eye candy (or regular candy for that matter). Bad fight scenes. No plot to speak of. Sucked in general.

Disclaimer: I know the tattoos in American History X were hateful. I know that. But still this post does not make me a racist. Recall that I voted for Barack Obama. Also, I have two Indian friends, two black friends, a Pakistani friend, a hapa kapani friend, Filipino friends, a half Columbian friend, and a Chinese friend. And even though over half of these people claim they are only my friend because they are paid to be so...

Unfortunately I don't have any Jewish friends. Many will still claim I'm an anti-Semite. It does not help that I hate Joe Lieberman.  Or that I am sympathetic to Palestinians.  Or that the people I hang out with in State College use the slang J.A.P. As a West coast kid I did not even know what this meant. Now that I do I make my face look skeptical any time it gets said. This satisfies my inner need to not be party to discrimination, and also allows me to fit in with the Pennsyltuckians.

No comments: